Senior Project Manager
Operations · Brooklyn Flexible Remote
At Datacubed Health, we are transforming the clinical trial experience for participants in biotech and contributing to innovation in the life sciences & pharmaceutical industry. We incorporate the principles of behavioral neuroeconomics to engage participants as citizen scientists, who adhere to the study protocols and are proud of their contributions to curing diseases. Designed for decentralized, virtual trials, Datacubed Health’s disruptive mHealth platform, Linkt, uses behavioral science and SaaS technology to improve patient compliance, retention, and increase data quality.
Datacubed Health (DCH) is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Project Manager. The Sr. Project Manager is an integral part of the operations organization and supports sales, customer on-boarding and product delivery, customer timelines, compliance, and other internal project manager contributors. The candidate will work closely with the sales team, product managers, software engineers, vendors, and contract manufacturers. The position will have direct supervisory responsibilities for a small project management team and will report to the head of the Project Management office.
The qualified candidate can think critically, act quickly, communicate effectively at all levels and bring with him/her willingness to offer extra assistance across departments.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and equity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager:
To be successful, you will bring an excellent entrepreneurial mindset and be flexible, adapting to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be expected to keep knowledge and information flowing seamlessly and to periodically present to executive leadership, foster relationships, and develop key business/operational skills to drive project and institutional success. Essential to your success, will be your ability to win team members’ respect and to proactively anticipate client requests and manage solutions by understanding project dependencies and stakeholder relationships as it relates to the projects you work on, as well as ensure timely and effective communication with other team members. In this role, you shall additionally have the duties, responsibilities and authority that are consistent with and normally associated with such a position, including, but not limited to the following:
- Manage the development of integrated study management plans leading the core project team.
- Implement clinical studies as per the contract while optimizing speed, quality and cost of delivery and ensuring consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
- Report systemic issues at program or portfolio level and identify solutions with the project teams, recommend actions to improve efficiencies and oversee the implementation of best practices, address escalation items with the customer.
- Collaborate with other functional groups within the company where necessary to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.
- Achieve project quality by identifying quality risks and issues, responding to issues raised by project team members and planning/implementing appropriate corrective and preventative action plans.
- Identify changes in scope and manage change control process as necessary, identify opportunities to increase scope to assist the Customer's business needs.
- Communicates with sponsor(s) regularly to obtain direction and feedback on implementing scope of work as well as performance to date. Identifies unusual or significant problems encountered during the course of a clinical trial and proposes strategies for preventing or correcting significant problems.
- Experience in clinical research, including a full-service project management experience
- Previous experience in clinical research (Phase I-IV studies), ideally within the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of clinical trial conduct, and skill in applying applicable clinical research regulatory requirements, i.e. ICH GCP and relevant local laws, regulations and guidelines, towards clinical trial conduct
- Broad protocol knowledge, therapeutic knowledge desired
- Knowledge of medical therapeutic area and medical terminology.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of this job, required
- Undergraduate degree in a life sciences or related discipline with 3-5 year of experience in research with either i) PMI professional certification or ii) at least 1 years as a functional team lead role or iii) 2 years full-service project manager, preferred, OR
- Graduate degree (M.A., M.B.A., M.S., or PhD) with 2-3 years of experience in research with either i) PMI professional certification, or ii) 1 years as a functional team lead role or iii) 2 years full-service project management, preferred
- Solid understanding of a project life cycle methodology, strong judgment, and excellent project management skills
- The ability to proficiently use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Effective problem-solving skills to assist in detecting potential issues and issue resolution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to the target audience.
- Demonstrates an ability to exercise discretion, good independent judgment, and independent thinking in selecting the optimal course of action.
- Travel of up to 25% is required for this position. Exact amounts of travel will vary, pending client needs.
- Certifications such as PMI, Six Sigma are a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Previous experience with software solutions
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
Datacubed Health is a pioneer in developing mobile healthcare technologies with the power to transform clinical trials through remote data collection, flexible tracking and analytics, and scientifically driven study and technology designs to promote high clinical trial compliance. The Linkt Platform allows our partners to engage with colorful mobile applications, game-like cognitive tasks, and interactive web interfaces to allow users across study roles access to the information they need to unlock the mysteries of what it means to be human. This is a great organization with a collaborative startup culture, with a common goal to get “Better Data based on Better Science, yielding Better Analysis and Better Policy.” We're a talented bunch of people seeking to unlock our human code, showing the connectedness to the physical world, unveiling all of the factors that make humans...human, and unleash the intrinsic value in doing so. Datacubed Health world headquarter is located in Brooklyn, New York.
Visit us online at www.Datacubed.com.
Datacubed Health is an equal opportunity employer.