Are you passionate about growing your career in Human Resources? Would you be excited about joining a life sciences tech innovator engaging in state-of-the-art technologies, research, and analysis? Our team is revolutionizing data collection for a wide range of studies and clinical research, and we need someone digitally savvy and highly organized to support all people operations of a dynamic team.
Datacubed Health is seeking a Human Resources Generalist. This role will report to the Chief People Officer and will support the execution of crucial human resource functions. You will have responsibilities in all areas of HR, including Recruitment, Onboarding/Offboarding, Training, and more. There is plenty of room to get a wide breadth of experience!
This is a unique opportunity to join an incredible early stage revenue-generating company that is going through significant growth. DCH is well funded, has strong client traction, and this role is critical to help support the scaling of this dynamic team. We were founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and we use gaming, big data, and social activation to engage users, capture real world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
This position is a hybrid office role (2-3 days in office, other days remote from home) and candidates need to be commutable to Brooklyn, NY.
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities of the HR Generalist:
The position will take ownership and responsibility for the daily functions of HR which include recruitment, employee relations, benefit administration, on-boarding and off-boarding activities, HR compliance, and enforcing company policies and practices. This position will support the Chief People Officer in special projects and initiatives, as assigned.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand open position requirements and determine plan of action for recruiting candidates with the right skills and competencies
- Work with managers on creation of job descriptions as necessary
- Mentor/Coach managers on appropriate interviewing techniques
- Proactively source for candidates
- Pre-screen candidates and be able to recommend qualified candidates to hiring managers/leaders and schedule interviews
- Maintain job boards and be able to make recommendations on candidate sourcing strategies based upon particular roles and needs
- Conduct background checks, reference checks and initiate offers
- Prepare and take action for all on-boarding activities
- Handles employment-related inquiries from candidates, employees and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate team members/management
- Coaches/counsels employees and managers on performance matters
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations
- Reviews, tracks and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, security training, professional licensure, and certifications.
- Implements new hire orientation as well as off-boarding process
- Implements and tracks recognition programs
- Performs tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance management; recognition; morale; health and safety; training and development
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- Maintains compliance with company policies and practices and makes recommendations based upon best practices
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law
- Participate and/or Assist in the managing of people related initiatives within Datacubed
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years in a HR Generalist or Talent Acquisition role
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of employment related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and GSuite
- Proficiency with or ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and Talent Acquisition systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required
It is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations, and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
At Datacubed Health, we are an exciting software innovator in health research, transforming the clinical trial experience for participants in biotech and contributing to innovation in the pharmaceutical industry. We incorporate the principles of behavioral neuroeconomics to engage participants as citizen scientists, who adhere to the study protocols and are proud of their contributions to curing diseases. Designed for decentralized, virtual trials, Datacubed Health’s disruptive mHealth platform, Linkt, uses behavioral science and SaaS technology to improve patient compliance, retention, and increase data quality. Our people are critical to driving growth so we can create impact. Come join us!
Data Cubed Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer.