Director of Mobile Engineering
Are you passionate about healthcare technology? Would you be excited about joining a life sciences tech innovator engaging in state-of-the-art technologies, research, and analysis? Come join our growing team to revolutionize data collection for a wide range of studies and clinical research.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Mobile Engineering to lead our software engineers in building cutting-edge native mobile applications that are used for gathering data in clinical research studies.
We are seeking team members to join an incredible early stage, revenue generating company going through significant growth. The company is well funded, has strong client traction, and our people are critical to driving growth so we can create impact. We were founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and we use gaming, big data, and social activation to engage users, capture real world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
This full-time position will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and is preferably based on-site in Brooklyn, NY.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Act as scrum master for the mobile team, removing blockers and managing issues with leadership
- Work with product and design leadership to plan sprints, while managing the proper ratio of tactical, strategic, bug fix, and customer requests.
- Oversee and manage mobile builds, release notes, and app deployment to customers and app stores.
- Ensure best processes are being followed for code review, code quality, deployment, and issue tracking.
- Support & manage software documentation, functional requirements, technical debt.
Manage direct reports for the mobile front-end facing teams (iOS, Android).
- Address and resolve team issues, balance workloads, and ensure quality and consistency across developers.
- Hire, mentor and train new developers on process and improvements.
- Act as a cultural leader to help build a collaborative environment
- Be responsible for managing team resources, delivery timelines, status reports and team velocity.
Work cross-functionally to conceptualize, architect, build, test and release products; collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Collaborate with back end team to plan end points and architectural decisions for the entire platform.
- Collaborate with design, science and data teams to ensure new features are properly considered and edge cases are planned for and defined.
Ensure performance, stability and customer satisfaction remain top priorities across the software suite.
- Highlight problems, resource gaps, potentials for delay & client issues to leadership.
- Work closely with QA team to minimize critical system defects and eliminate business critical failures such as system downtime, data loss.
- Ensure external dependencies are properly managed and tracked such as OS updates, library end of life, feature deprecation which could impact the lifecycle of the product.
- Assess impacts of change requests as part of SOPs and develop implementation and contingency plans.
- Document tickets with additional information for change requests and documents the prioritization.
- Manage staging and production releases.
- Develop Functional and Technical specification documentation.
- Improve implementation of unit tests across development teams.
- Lead overall Agile process meetings including daily standups, sprint planning sessions and resource planning.
- Quality oversight of development processes.
- Ensure alignment of dev process to code standards and industry best practices.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency; keep up to date on the latest industry trends
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a manager of a mobile team
- Solid understanding of the full mobile software development life cycle.
- 4+ years of experience in Android or iOS development and its SDK.
- 5+ years of experience in Java programming.
- 3+ years of experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- 3+ years of experience in Agile Software Development Principles
- Extensive experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Good sense of UI design and a user-oriented focus
- Extensive use of code versioning tools (e.g., Git)
You’ll definitely be in the right place if you have experience with:
- Solid knowledge of CS fundamental including algorithms, complexity, data structures and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and independently with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to learn quickly without formal training.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and trustworthy.
What's nice to have but not required:
- M.S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
At Datacubed Health, we are an exciting software innovator in health research, transforming the clinical trial experience for participants in biotech and contributing to innovation in the pharmaceutical industry. We incorporate the principles of behavioral neuroeconomics to engage participants as citizen scientists, who adhere to the study protocols and are proud of their contributions to curing diseases. Designed for decentralized, virtual trials, Datacubed Health’s disruptive mHealth platform, Linkt, uses behavioral science and SaaS technology to improve patient compliance, retention, and increase data quality. Our people are critical to driving growth so we can create great impact in the life sciences industry. Come join us!
Data Cubed Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer.