Senior QA Engineer
Datacubed Health is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Quality Assurance engineer to test cutting-edge web and mobile apps that support clinical research for healthcare, pharma, and academic institutions. Our tools leverage novel techniques for data collection and analysis and our engineering team is growing to support our expanding SaaS platform. The Sr QA engineer will collaborate with the product, design and development teams to ensure test cases are clearly defined, improve automation processes, and support manual testing of new features and releases. The Senior QA Engineer will develop and execute exploratory - manual and automated tests to ensure product quality. Main responsibilities include designing and implementing tests as well as debugging and defining corrective actions.
This is a unique opportunity and we are seeking new team members to join an incredible early stage, revenue-generating company going through significant growth. The company is well funded, has strong client traction, and our people are critical to driving growth so we can create impact. We were founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and we use gaming, big data, and social activation to engage users, capture real-world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
This full-time position will report to the Director of Engineering and is based on-site in Brooklyn.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Datacubed Health Quality Assurance team is responsible for testing cutting edge mobile (iOS/Android) and web applications. Our goal is to deliver a world class customer focused survey building, data collection and visualization experience.
- Create global test plans and test cases
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
- Define test plans, test suites, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the STLC
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation frameworks (Data-driven framework).
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs
- Perform in-depth regression testing
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results
What you bring to the team:
- Strong knowledge of at least one OOP language (JAVA Preferred).
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with Relational DB.
- Hands-on experience with white box, black box testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated UI testing tools for web and mobile applications (Selenium, Appium etc.).
- Strong knowledge with API testing (Postman) and automated API testing frameworks (REST Assured etc.)
You’ll definitely be in the right place if you have experience with:
- Have used unit testing tools like TestNG / JUnit for automation scripts.
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence and/or any similar defect/issue tracking and requirement tracking tools.
- Experience with test management tools (Quality center, Zephyr etc).
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
- Experience testing web and mobile applications.
- Understanding of regression, functional, UI/UX testing.
- BSc in Computer Science (MS preferred) or equivalent
What makes you stand out:
- Professional experience with performance, load and stress testing (Loadrunner, Blazemeter etc).
- Working knowledge of security / vulnerability testing tools (Waitipi, Vega etc.)
- Experience creating and architecting test frameworks and have working knowledge about test framework design patterns (Page Object Model, Page factory model etc).
- Have used browserstack, sauce labs or script wise parallel testing (or selenium grid) for cross browser / cross device testing.
- Knowledge about CI/CD process, TDD, DDT.
- Visual regression testing.
- Experience in a regulated industry (healthcare, finance)
- Team management experience
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
Datacubed Health is headquartered in Brooklyn, New York. Datacubed Health is a pioneering technology company making better science and healthier communities a reality. We apply individualized solutions for the capture of data, including smartphone apps, wearable, in-home, and environmental sensors. We specialize in remote engagement with patients and virtual clinical studies. Focusing on healthcare and life sciences, Datacubed Health offers software and services driven by behavioral science to improve patient retention and compliance, resulting in better data and positive health outcomes. We believe that the best way to unlock the insights that have eluded scientists is understanding the holistic life of an individual. Come join us!
Data Cubed Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer.