Operations · Brooklyn
At Datacubed Health, we are transforming the clinical trial experience for participants in biotech and contributing to innovation in the pharmaceutical industry. We incorporate the principles of behavioral neuroeconomics to engage participants as citizen scientists, who adhere to the study protocols and are proud of their contributions to curing diseases. Designed for decentralized, virtual trials, Datacubed Health’s disruptive mHealth platform, Linkt, uses behavioral science and SaaS technology to improve patient compliance, retention, and increase data quality.
Datacubed Health is seeking a highly motivated, driven, and goal-oriented Project Manager who will manage pharmaceutical and academic clients throughout the implementation process. This candidate will play an integral role in client onboarding, study configuration, product delivery, client timelines, compliance, and other internal project manager contributors. The candidate will work closely with clinical operations, digital technologists, and clinical innovators, program managers, and research coordinators. The position will report to the senior project manager.
The qualified candidate can think critically, act quickly, communicate effectively at all levels and bring with him/her willingness to offer extra assistance across departments.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
As a Project Manager, you will lead successful planning and execution of projects, while acting as the central point of contact for clients and partners, including CROs, CMOs, pharmaceutical sponsors, and academic institutions. To be successful, you will bring an excellent entrepreneurial mindset and be flexible, adapting to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be expected to keep knowledge and information flowing seamlessly and to periodically present to executive leadership, foster relationships, and develop key business/operational skills to drive project and institutional success. Essential to your success, will be your ability to win team members’ respect and to proactively anticipate client requests and manage solutions by understanding project dependencies and stakeholder relationships as it relates to the projects you work on, as well as ensure timely and effective communication with other team members. In this role, you shall additionally have the duties, responsibilities and authority that are consistent with and normally associated with such a position, including, but not limited to the following:
- Implement clinical trial protocols into workflows and product configuration
- Plan activities and resources to meet project deadlines.
- Organize and motivate contributors to the project.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in tandem with sales team and product teams.
- Manage reports, scope, contracts, and provide regular status updates to key stakeholders, and escalate problems timely for data-based decision making.
- Monitor progress, manage time, and communicate schedules and deadlines to the team. This includes using tools and processes that aid in defining activities, sequencing, estimating durations, and developing and maintaining schedules, project plans and dashboards.
- Analyze, define, manage, and mitigate risks and issues using clear, consistent, standard data KPI’s. Manage costs and estimate budgets.
- Coordinate Client User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Assist with other projects such as client trainings and developing associated materials.
- Experience in clinical research, including a full-service project management experience
- Previous experience in clinical research (Phase I-IV studies), ideally within the pharmaceutical industry
- Undergraduate or graduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of this job, required
- Undergraduate degree in a life sciences or related discipline with 1 year of experience in clinical research and with i) PMI professional certification or ii) at least 2 years as a full-service project manager, preferred, OR
- Graduate degree with either i) 1 year of experience in clinical research, ii) PMI professional certification, or iii) 2 years as a functional team lead role or single service project management, preferred
- Solid understanding of a project life cycle methodology, strong judgment, and excellent project management skills
- The ability to proficiently use project management tools, such as Smartsheet, Jira, Box, Word processing and Spreadsheet applications.
- Effective critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to assist in detecting potential issues and issue resolution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and effectively present to the target audience, including illustrating protocol and study workflows using programs like LucidChart, and developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Demonstrate an ability to exercise discretion, good independent judgment, and independent thinking in selecting the optimal course of action.
- Travel of 25% is estimated for this position. Exact amounts of travel will vary, pending client needs.
- Certifications such as PMI, Six Sigma are a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Previous experience with software solutions
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
About Us Datacubed Health is a pioneer in developing an engaging patient experience for decentralized clinicial trials using behavioral science paired with mobile healthcare technologies for remote data collection, flexible tracking and analytics, and scientifically driven study and technology designs to promote high