Science Temporarily Remote
Do you like developing novel research methods in the field of life sciences? Are you driven to improve healthcare interactions for all patients, especially so in a world of remote engagement? Would you be excited about joining a life sciences tech innovator engaging in state-of-the-art technologies, research, and analysis? Come join our growing team to revolutionize data collection for a wide range of studies and clinical research.
Datacubed Health is an exciting software innovator in health research and is providing a revolutionary mHealth platform. DCH was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and uses gaming, big data, and social activation to engage users, capture real world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
This is a unique opportunity available and we are seeking new team members to join an incredible early stage, revenue generating company going through significant growth. The company is well funded, has strong client traction, and our people are critical to driving growth so we can create impact on the broader community.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Datacubed Health is seeking a Research Scientist to join our growing team of engaged behavioral scientists at an exciting time in Datacubed Health’s evolution. You will be exposed to a variety of opportunities to contributed to the development and optimization of Datacubed Health’s mobile and web offerings. You will also gain experience working with a range of stakeholders in the clinical trial space, directly.
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with technical and scientific team members to tailor the Datacubed Health mobile and web platforms to support clinical research, including to address accessibility issues for different patient groups
- Work closely with the Chief Scientist and the science team in the strategic planning of new features and tasks
- Provide scientific perspective on cognitive and motor task requirements and user experience design in collaboration with the product and design teams
- Conduct data QA and data analytics, and support data-related requests, including from the project management and commercial teams
- Provide scientific expertise and data-related support for current and potential clients
- Conduct validation (including documentation) of mobile surveys, tasks, and user behavior metrics
- Contribute to scientific manuscripts, white papers, reports, and client-facing presentations.
- Provide scientific support for other activities as needed, such as development of white papers or other collateral
- Ph.D. in life sciences or a related field in the quantitative social sciences
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience with data cleaning, QA, visualization, and statistical analysis in Python or Matlab, and R, SAS, or STATA
- Previous research in neuroscience, psychology or quantitative social science
- Applied experience (postdoctoral or other) in developing or implementing cognitive or other psychological assessments
- Excellent, clear written and oral communication suited for researchers and technical development teams
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and a desire to learn about new research areas
- Programming in Python (including pandas, numpy, json, etc.) and/or Matlab
- Experience in clinical, population health, or longitudinal research
- Experience working with version control (e.g., Github) and AWS
- Experience working with time series data, neuropsychology task data, and survey data
- Experience working with data collected from Android and iOS mobile devices
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry
Datacubed Health is a pioneer in developing mobile healthcare technologies with the power to transform clinical trials through remote data collection, flexible tracking and analytics, and science-driven study and technology designs to promote high clinical trial compliance. Datacubed’s Linkt platform enables our partners to engage with colorful mobile applications, engaging cognitive tasks, and interactive web interfaces to allow study staff various levels of access to the data they need to unlock the mysteries of what it means to be human. With Datacubed Health as a partner, organizations can select just what they need from a wealth of information to help create or test effective medications, precisely time interventions, help patients stay on track and develop new research strategies. This is a great organization with a collaborative startup culture. Datacubed Health is located in Brooklyn, New York. Visit us online at www.DataCubed.com
Data Cubed Health LLC is an equal opportunity employer.