Are you passionate about healthcare technology? Are you driven to improve healthcare interactions for all patients, especially so in a world of remote engagement? Would you be excited about joining a life sciences tech innovator engaging in state-of-the-art technologies, research, and analysis? Come join our growing team to revolutionize data collection for a wide range of studies and clinical research.
Datacubed Health is an exciting software innovator in health research and is providing a revolutionary mHealth platform. DCH was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and uses gaming, big data, and social activation to engage users, capture real world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
This is a unique opportunity available and we are seeking new team members to join an incredible early stage, revenue generating company going through significant growth. The company is well funded, has strong client traction, and our people are critical to driving growth so we can create impact on the broader community.
Datacubed Health is seeking an experienced Software Architect Engineer to help define, build and improve our platform architecture as well as the integration of our products. Our product ranges from cutting-edge web applications to mobile natively apps that supports clinical research for healthcare, pharma, and academic institutions. Our tools leverage novel techniques for data collection and analysis and our engineering team is growing to support our expanding SaaS platform.
The Architect Engineer will collaborate with the team leads as well as the developers when performing its tasks. Main responsibilities include designing, implementing and improving the Solution Architecture. As an Architect Engineer, you will lead the design effort on various features and upgrades to our SaaS platform. You’ll take ownership of all documentation and present accordingly to the teams.
This position will report to the Director of Engineer and is based on-site in Brooklyn, NY, but will start off as a temporary remote position. Sponsorship is not currently offered for this position and employees must be authorized to work in the US.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities:
The Architect Engineer main responsibilities will include designing, implementing, and automating tests and defining corrective actions.
- Work collaboratively with product and other engineering teams in understanding the requirements.
- Understand the big picture and the various use cases involved while crafting the solution and document them in Unified Modeling Language (UML), ER diagrams etc.
- Identify the appropriate software architecture for both server-side and client-side solutions to achieve the proposed requirement.
- Own and maintain the architecture document.
- Maintain product roadmap, release schedules and architectural standards that ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Mitigate risks and problems identified in providing the solution.
- Keep an eye out for technology trends, open source projects that can be used.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or relevant fields.
- At least 5+ years experience in end-end architecture for large design and coordinate project teams in the SaaS industry.
- Knowledge with REST API and Authentication Standards (OAuth 1, etc.)
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence and/or any similar defect/issue tracking and requirement tracking tools.
- Knowledge on Cloud Solutions (AWS, etc)
- Knowledge of SDLC, tools and processes
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Experience with performance-oriented architecture (AWS Elastic Load Balancer)
- Knowledge defining secure architecture and data flow
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.