Director of Business Development - Northeast
Are you excited about the impact technology and data science can have on healthcare? Can you own and lead the business sales cycle for drug development clients? Would you be excited about joining a data science company engaging in state-of-the-art technologies, research, and analysis? Come join us in revolutionizing data collection for a wide range of studies extending from health and behavior to cognition.
We are seeking an experienced and driven Director of Business Development to identify potential revenue-producing opportunities in the life sciences and drug development markets. The qualified candidate can think critically, act quickly, communicate effectively at all levels, and is a team player willing to fill in wherever an extra hand is needed.
Our company is a cutting-edge innovator in the mobile technology space, called Datacubed Health. We were founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and we use gaming, big data, and social activation to engage users, capture real-world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials. Our solutions span eCOA, ePRO, Patient Engagement, Virtual Visits, eConsent, and more.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive compensation plan, and benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below)
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Datacubed Health is seeking a Director of Business Development to engage pharmaceutical industry leaders, to build awareness, and to lead efforts to secure licensing contracts. This is a senior role within Datacubed’s Commercial division. Duties and responsibilities that are associated with the position are summarized below:
- BUILDING RELATIONS:
- Build and nurture strong relationships with senior executives within an R&D function of companies responsible for clinical, RWE, bioinformatics and/or data sciences
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Datacubed revenue and customer growth
- Cultivate partnerships and turn customer challenges into sound solutions
- Use ethical sales techniques to represent the company in a professional manner
- DRIVE AND CLOSE PIPELINE:
- Collaborate with Datacubed’s C-level executives on evaluating new initiatives, opportunities and deals for strategic alignment
- Present product solutions overview
- Drive the deal process from initial prospecting, pipeline development, use-case discussions, technical review, proposal creation, contract drafting, negotiation, and implementation & post-sales satisfaction
- Understand key endpoints and decision criteria within a clinical study protocol
Given the civic mission of the company, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations, and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years of work experience
- A strong network of relevant industry contacts plus 2 or more years successful track record working with executives within the R&D function of biopharma companies responsible for bioinformatics and/or data sciences
- Strong portfolio of previous professional work with a clear understanding of your role and contributions on each project
- PaaS (or similar “as-a-Service”) experience
- Relevant business development and/or large-scale deal-making experience
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills focused on building trust and ongoing relationships.
- Confident self-starter with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, time management, decision-making, and problem-solving
- An ability to persevere through deal cycles & ongoing relationship & trust-building
- Creativity to brainstorm & discuss new use-cases for data in any industry vertical
- Excellent English writing, speaking & presentation skills
Preferred skills and/or experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree specifically in business management, finance, marketing, biology, chemistry or related field
- Familiarity with mobile apps, Internet of Things (IoT) and/or clinical applications
- Familiarity with consulting and/or data analysis services
- Familiarity with enterprise software solutions
- Location preferred: Western United States
Compensation (salary and incentive) will be commensurate with experience and some of our benefits include medical, dental, and vision. Note: Sponsorship and/or relocation is not offered for this position.