Vice President of Customer Success
Operations · Brooklyn Flexible Remote
Are you passionate about healthcare technology? Are you a champion for customer centricity? Do you dream of efficient ways to grow an organization? Do you delight in detail, and finding collaborative solutions to problems? Come join our team to revolutionize data collection for a wide range of studies, projects, and clinical trial research.
Datacubed Health is looking for an experienced Vice President of Customer Success to join its growing team. The VP of Customer Success executes on the corporate strategic priorities to enable a successful infrastructure. They assess and define priorities that drive customer success, broaden operational strategy, and lead technology and process innovation the leverage internal stakeholders and benefit external stakeholders.
This is a unique opportunity to join an incredible, early-stage, revenue-generating company that is going through significant growth. The company is well funded, has strong client traction, and this role is critical to help support the operations unit through scaling.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities:
The role is a builder-doer role: you’ll establish a center of excellence from which to i) champion customer centricity and define our overall vision and standards for customer success, ii) build out the foundational internal structures that enable growth of people and processes, and iii) manage the day-to-day flow of inquiries and issues that arise from customer ‘live’ studies.
Areas of responsibilities include:
Foster a customer success mindset that understands customer needs, desired outcomes, and landscape to create the optimal customer experience. Engage with customers during sales-cycle and project implementation.
- Execute and advocate in a customer focused approach across business units and functions while balancing customer needs with Datacubed business value/logic
- Develop customer friendly processes and tools that solidify long term relationships
- Partner and bridge Science, Marketing, Sales, Project Delivery, and the Linkt product team. Identify and articulate key milestones in the customer’s journey to inform teams and infuse ‘customer success’ approaches cross-company including development of an award ‘success handover’ process and a ‘success delivery playbook’ with consistent delivery cycle times and processes.
- Increase renewal rates, reduce churn and contribute to expanding company revenue in development of new business including development of ‘budget & margin success process and structure’ around managing project budget and potential out of scopes to preserve margin.
Customer Management, Service & Support
Direct management of help desk agents, processes and systems for customer care and support. Influence value to customers and oversee and lead initiatives and continuous process improvement efforts toward higher Linkt adoption and customer satisfaction. Report KPIs and advise on product performance and define operational metrics. Advance and mature corporate knowledge-based tools to resolve issues and escalate to internal engineering teams when needed.
- Define the strategy and operational motion for our Customer Support organization including development of a ‘partnership success framework’ for “lite” and customizable relationship governance structures for appropriate customers.
- Hire, develop and retain a team of customer success specialists and support representatives
- Take ownership of CRM and/or support systems and oversee all support activities
- Develop support and performance level standards for response times and issue resolution and ensure these are achieved or exceeded including development of an ‘escalation mitigation success culture’ for handling issue and escalation management as proactively as possible.
- Report on the support team’s progress, share learnings and best practices on a weekly and monthly basis
- Establish and manage communication and escalation channels between departments – be the liaison to share customer feedback with cross-functional teams including development of a ‘collaboration success RACI’ for clear accountability matrix across stakeholders.
Success Infrastructure & Quality Management Services
Develop ISO-based support procedures, ITIL® framework and/or implement TQM programs.
- Define, operate, and optimize our support procedures, tooling, training, reporting and analysis, and project management that leads the support team’s execution and success
- Map customer journey and optimize customer lifecycle.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- 8+ years of management experience leading teams within the technology and/or clinical research industries
- 5+ years of functional experience leading customer support, project management, or client account teams
- Masters or advanced degrees in related field (e.g. MBA), PREFERRED
- Proven experience driving new sales and expanding existing accounts, increasing product adoption, and leveraging customer success best practices
- Experience building or scaling customer support departments
- Experience collaborating with various cross-functional teams and/or prior experience with matrix management often exhibited by creative thinking and consensus building
- Personal outlook that is accessible to all and eager to solicit feedback internally and externally to constructively improve team members and customer experience
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem solving, communication, delegation, and planning
- Superior ability to understand and analyze arrays of data, draw defensible conclusions, and turn them into actionable items
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Must love to serve people, build trust, as well as engender both customer satisfaction and success
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations, and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.