QA Engineer Intern
Technology · Brooklyn
*This position starts as a remote role and should be commutable to Brooklyn, NY, in 2021.
Datacubed Health is seeking an Quality Assurance Engineer Intern to help increase the quality of our cutting-edge web and mobile apps that support clinical research for healthcare, pharma, and academic institutions. Our tools leverage novel techniques for data collection and analysis and our engineering team is growing to support our expanding SaaS platform.
The Intern QA engineer will collaborate with the development teams to ensure test cases are clearly defined, improve automation processes, and support new features and releases. Main responsibilities include designing, implementing, and automating tests and defining corrective actions.
This intern position will report to the Sr. QA Engineer and has the opportunity to be renewed. Sponsorship is not currently offered for this position and employees must be authorized to work in the US.
The qualified candidate can think critically, act quickly, communicate effectively at all levels, and is a team player willing to fill in wherever an extra hand is needed.
Datacubed Health was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and uses gaming, big data and social activation to engage users, capture real world data & improve patient retention in everything from patient support to clinical trials.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and equity. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (see requirements below).
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities:
The QA Engineer Intern’s main responsibilities will include designing, implementing, and automating tests and defining corrective actions.
- Create global test plans and automated test cases.
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
- Define test plans, test suites, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the STLC.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation frameworks(Data driven framework).
- Identify, record, document and track bugs.
- Perform in-depth regression testing.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with automated UI testing tools for web and mobile applications (Selenium, Appium etc.)
- Hands-on experience with white box, black box testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing
- Knowledge with API testing (postman) and automated API testing frameworks (REST Assured etc)
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence and/or any similar defect/issue tracking and requirement tracking tools.
- Experience with test management tools (Quality center, Zephyr, etc)
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Experience testing web and mobile applications
- Understanding of regression, functional, UI/UX testing
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Professional experience with performance, load and stress testing (Loadrunner, Blazemeter etc.)
- Working knowledge of security / vulnerability testing tools (Waitipi, Vega etc.)
- Experience with Mobile automation with Appium.
- Experience creating and architecting test frameworks and have working knowledge about test framework design patterns (Page Object Model, Page factory model etc.)
- Have used Browserstack, sauce labs or script wise parallel testing (or selenium grid) for cross browser / cross device testing
- Knowledge about CI/CD process (Jenkins,TeamCity)
Given the civic mission of the company and project, it is especially important that employees uphold the business’ principles honestly and ethically; strive to improve the quality of our services, products, and operations and maintain a reputation for privacy, honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, philanthropy, trust, innovation, exploration and sound judgment; and adhere to high standards of business and personal integrity as a representation of our business practice.